In addition to having the preferred size and shape of labia, Labiaplasty also helps the following:
Reduce genital pain when having a period, wearing tight fitting clothes, swimming suit, or sportswear underwear.
Reduce pain during sexual intercourse.
Improve appearance and boost self-confidence.
Labiaplasty is the cosmetic surgical procedure to reduce or reshape the labia minora around vagina opening; it is performed to improve visual appearance of the vaginal area, and increase women’s self-confidence. After Labiaplasty, discomfort and painful skin irritation will subside. Using laser to reduce the size and alter the shape of the labia minora is also more precise, bruising, swelling and blood loss are less, and the patient can return to work and their normal activities quicker.
The reasons why women get Labiaplasty
1. Larger, saggy and asymmetrical labia minora
2. Labial enlargement that occurs after childbirth or when getting older
3. Skin irritation and discomfort particularly when wearing tight clothing, during intercourse or while exercising
1. Do not take any blood-thinning medications, including aspirin and supplements such as fish oil at least 1 week prior to procedure.
2. Medical history or underlying health conditions should be informed to the physician
3. Shower beforehand to make the area hygienic
4. Prepare loose underwear to reduce discomfort after the procedure
5. Postoperative bleeding can occur, so patients with heart diseases should first consult with the physician/surgeon
6. Schedule Labiaplasty around 1 week after your menstrual period
1. The area is anesthetized with local anesthesia for 1 hour before the operation begins
2. Extra tissue from the labia is trimmed or removed to create the desired shape
3. The procedure typically takes 1 hours and closure is performed with dissolving sutures.
4. When the procedure is done, patient is taken to the recovery area for around 1 hour and is able to go home after having been observed and recovered sufficiently.
5. Swelling is common in the first few weeks following the surgery but subsides gradually over the following weeks
After the procedure, there is some mild post-op pain; painkillers and antibiotics are given to relieve the pain. It will usually takes 4-6 weeks before being completely healed and suture removal is not necessary since the wound is closed with absorbable sutures. After the surgery, the patient can return to their work in 2-3 days, however, should avoid rigorous physical activity at least for 1 month.
1. You can have a shower and clean the wound with water
2. Sexual activity must be avoided for 3 months
3. Follow physician or surgeon’s instruction strictly for your recovery.
You may find our specialist here at Women Center, Phyathai 2 Hospital
Phyathai 2 Hospital
International Correspondence Center
Tel: +66-2617-2444 ext. 2020 or 2047 E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org