Computerized Dynamic Posturography (CDP)
Have you ever feel unsteady, dizzy as if the room were spinning around you when you are standing or sitting still? This feeling could be a balance problem which can lead to falls and may cause broken bones and other injuries. The common cause is the disturbance of the inner ear; that is Labyrinth, an organ in our inner ear. Labyrinth interacts with other systems in the body, such as the eyes, bones and joints to maintain the body’s position.
Our ENT center offers the most effective tool called Computerized Dynamic Posturography (CDP) to evaluate the balance system. With a variety of standing test conditions, patients need to maintain their balances. Their movements will then be recorded for further assessment in addition to clinical examination and other laboratory testings.
1. Avoid meals in order to reduce complications that might occur during the test
2. Do not take any medications that affect sensory system before the test
3. Take your shoes during the test for the accurate result. It also helps decrease accidents during the test
If you have following symptoms:
- Chronic dizziness
- Elders with the risk of stumble and fall
- Irregular body balance and walking
- Problems with sensory system of the body, muscle and joint functioning
- Patients with head injury
If you have the above symptoms, seek out healthcare professionals to identify the risk of having balance problems with Computerized Dynamic Posturography (CDP), a simple tool to assess impairments and functional limitations.
We look forward to serving you. Please feel free to contact us at
Phone: +66 2617 2444 ext. 2020, 2057, 5221
Fax: +66 2619 8555