Health Checkup Preparation
Regular check-up is important as it is the way to spot health issues earlier and prevent the disease from spreading. Checkups usually involve several tests to check patients’ current health and risks.
If you are new to a physician, prepare this checklist:
- family medical history
- types and number of surgeries
- list of medications, immunizations and allergies
Prepare for blood test
1. Please refrain from food and drink at least 10-12 hours prior to get blood test for Blood sugar (FBS), Lipid (fat) including Cholesterol, HDL, and LDL.
2. If you are not going to do blood test as mentioned above, you can eat and drink as usual.
Prepare for X-RAY
1. Pregnant women should not have X-RAY done, if you are pregnant or think you are pregnant, please let the hospital staff know.
2. On the day of X-RAY, please do not wear wire underwear, taking it off before taking X-RAY
3. Take off the necklace, ID badge, or remove the pens, coins from your pocket before taking X-RAY
4. During X-RAY procedure, please follow the instruction from hospital staff. Take a deep breath and hold it until you are told to breathe normally
Collect Urine for testing
Clean your genital area before urinating. Empty your bladder as usual as first then in the mild of stream, collect your urine by the provided cup at about half of the cup. Recap the cup and return it to the staff
Prepare for other special procedure
1. Ultrasonography - Please follow the staff instructions which will be provided in advance such as refrain from food and drinks; hold your bladder, use laxative and etc.
2. Pap smear should not be done if you have period. Please come back from Pap smear at least a week after period.
You may find our specialist here at Health Promotion Center, Phyathai 2 Hospital
Phyathai 2 Hospital
International Correspondence Center
Tel: +66-2617-2444 ext. 2020 or 2047 E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org