Preparation for Dental Implant Surgery
When the tooth is lost, dental implant is one option to assist patients' chewing capabilities to be similar to natural tooth. After a comprehensive dental examination by our dentist, the patient will be scheduled to perform dental implant. Preparation before dental implant surgery is an important factor to enable safe and successful treatment. It also reduces patient’s concern. Consequently, on the date of appointment, the patient should follow instructions as below:
1. Visit the hospital at least 15 minutes prior appointment time in order to rest and relax.
2. Have enough food and do not refrain from food before appointment time
3. If you currently take any medications, take it as prescribed by physician except certain medications that needs to be stopped prior to the surgery. Do not stop taking medications by yourself, you are recommended to consult with the dentist before appointment if you are unsure about medications.
4. Take a current list of all your drugs or bring your drugs to show your doctor on the appointment date
5. Inform the dentist if you have an allergy to a particular medication
6. Prepare soft food after the implant surgery at least 1 meal such as milk, soy milk, yogurt, juices, congee, and boiled rice
7. Prepare ice packs or cold compresses to apply on the face for the first 24 hours after the implant.
8. The patients can travel to the hospital by themselves; however, if the patients are concerned or have multiple dental implants. They can visit the hospital along with the escort.
Dentist, Phyathai 2 Hospital
You may find our specialist here at Dental Center, Phyathai 2 Hospital
Phyathai 2 Hospital
International Correspondence Center
Tel: +66-2617-2444 ext. 2020 or 2047 E mail: email@example.com